Rebranding Your Success in Automotive Sector
We are in year 2018 and let’s think about a CEO for a moment who can not obtain all necessary data from Finance, Production, Sales&Marketing, HR, IT etc. departments. Also, let’s imagine about another CEO at the same company in 2022 (probably current CEO will be replaced with another one!) which couldn’t have enough results yet on the digital transformation of the entity. Finally, let’s think about the level of competition advantage of this entity under the analysts predictions that there will be at least 80 times more by 2022 the digital content compared to what exists today…
Data management is becoming as ‘everything of a company in automotive sector’ as like as other sectors. Disrupted innovations, social media platforms, video-sharings, ecosystems and regulators like other essentials of the entity governance system are driving the business models of the sector.
There are 5 technological trends which have disrupted effects on the automotive sector. Let’s take a look at them:
1. Data Management: The manufacturing entities are obliged to have the comprehensive data management systems for managing, update, analyze big data to make quick and flexible decisions on establishing strategies and applications. Especially for the automotive sector it is very important to receive on-line data from the production machines to make analysis and take different necessary action on time.
2. Robotics Technology: Robots are capable of producing more and higher quality products and also providing safer working environments. In addition to these specialties, robots are equipped with sensors to provide data. These data are the basic elements of a production data management system to predict the potential maintenance needs, quality level, production evaluations etc. It is better not to forget the low cost advantage of them…
3. AI: AI technology is the most important invention for the manufacturing companies. They are simply defined as algorithms those have the ability to learn and transforming the way that the automotive industry collects information and predicts consumer trends. Smart factories with integrated IT systems are providing the relevant data to increasing production capacity by 20 %.
4. Cloud & Mobile Technologies: Both of them are vital elements for the manufacturing entities to increase the efficiency in the processes. Cloud technology is capable to present IaaS, SaaS, PaaS sevices. Big Data analysis, CRM, Cyber Security, cost saving for investment sources are the other advantages of the cloud technology.
5. IoT And Industry 4.0: IoT is simply reducing cost and also highly effective on time and source management. On the other hand, Industry 4.0 is representing the vision of the interconnected factory where equipment is online, intelligent and capable of making its own decisions.
The leaders of the automotive industry who have the intelligent awareness of the very fast technological developments effects on their entity’s business sustainability have also capacity rebranding their digital readiness for the future business models.
Head of Consultancy